Flash iced coffee is a really nice way to brew cold coffee quickly. It’s super refreshing and clean, and maintains a lot of the nuances of hot brewed coffee, but it’s cold.
6-8 cup Chemex
White Chemex filters
Scale w/ timer
Recipe: 40g coffee : 320g ice : 320 water
1. Rinse filter & discard rinse water
2. Place Chemex on scale
3. Add 320g ice to bottom of Chemex
4. Place filter w/ 3 plies facing spout
5. Evenly distribute ground coffee
6. Tare scale & start timer
7. Wet coffee evenly w/ 70g water
8. At 0:45, slowly pour 250g water
9. Brew should finish at 3:00
10. Serve over ice.